Who? What? Where? Why?
Do you have a question about road construction,
wetlands, minerals or rocks?
You can E-mail your questions to clicking
on Road Doctor:
- You should search the Iowa Department
of Transportation (DOT) Web sites for your answer before you E-mail
- Look at the frequently asked questions
(FAQ ) on the DOT Web sites to see if your question and answer are
- E-mail questions will be directed to
an Iowa DOT staff member who has the appropriate background to answer
- You must include a return E-mail address
in the body of your message.
- A reply will be E-mailed to you within
a few days.
- Students are encouraged to E-mail questions,
however, we won't write reports or answer test questions for you.
LIST OF PROJECT PARTNERS
Iowa Department of Transportation's Rocks
and Roads development and design partners:
Ames Community School District, ECHO Program:
- Andrew Barnes, Transportation Engineer
- Adriana Reyes-Phelps, Geologist
- Jerry Dickinson, Information Specialist
- Jaraine Mohs, Information Specialist
- Lynn Purcell, Information Specialist
Special thanks to the following who gave permission
to use materials:
- Nancy Kurrle, Project ECO Teacher
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- "Landforms of Iowa" by Jean C. Prior
- "Iowa's Geological Past Three Billion
Years of Change" by Wayne I. Anderson
- Bob Ribokas